The Energy Council of Canada is the Canadian Member Committee of the World Energy Council. With over 75 members from Canada's energy sector, we are a non-profit organization dedicated to enhancing the effectiveness of our national energy strategy.
The Energy Council of Canada is the Canadian national member of the World Energy Council, and is made up of representatives from all facets of Canada's energy sector.
The Energy Council of Canada is a vehicle for strategic thinking, networking and action by senior executives in the private and public sectors who have a broad interest in national, continental and global energy issues. The Energy Council seeks to forge a better understanding of energy issues, in order to optimally shape the energy sector for the benefit of all Canadians.
The affairs of the Energy Council are managed by a Board of Directors consisting of senior officers from Canada's leading energy corporations and organizations. Key activities include:
- sponsoring periodic energy forums / conferences
- documenting the status of, and the prospects for, the Canadian energy industry
- disseminating reports and information
- contributing to the development of energy policy in Canada
- taking the lead in broadly based activities on urgent energy issues
Also, check our President's Report re recent activities and priorities.
For further information about WEC, visit their central site: